A question from Dave Haldane (check his show out here on iTuneshttps://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/fireside/id1073508255?mt=2)
"What do you look for in a Podcast Media Host, and are the paid services really worth it?"
What Josh L DOES care about when it comes to Podcast Media Hosting:
- RSS Feed Integrity
- Australian download speeds, and reliability of delivery into Australia
- My host of choice doesn't alter my uploaded file in any way
- Quality FAQ's and support, plus the quality of shows the companies employees themselves create.
- A nice embedded audio player is a bonus
- The company has a solid financial roadmap
WHAT ABOUT MEDIA STATS? As Josh mentions in the episode he believes that super high quality Stats are already on offer from Libsyn, Blubrry, Spreaker and more, and in 2016, are really just the price of getting in the game!
What Josh L DOESN'T care so much about when it comes to Podcast Media Hosting:
- Hosting company branding in or on the tools provided (RSS Feeds, Audio Players, etc) a good set of tools can in fact send a positive message to your audience that you take yourself and your show's longevity seriously.
- Automatic ID3 tagging of .mp3 files
- The specs of the audio player, if the player is too slow to be functional it doesn't really matter how many cool things it can do!
Say hello (or even G’day) to Josh:
• Em: email@example.com
• Twitter Josh L: twitter.com/joshuacliston (@joshuacliston )
• Instagram: instagram.com/joshuacliston
• Facebook: facebook.com/joshuacliston
• Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/user/show/399554…-joshua-c-liston