In this episode Josh L talks about his own failings in keeping song writing and performing at the centre of his musical world as opposed to music marketing. He introduces what he sees as the "marketing-your-marketing problem" and then goes on to explain how a musician or band might be able to spot if their focus has shifted away from what's really important - the completion of the best music and lyrics possible.
Proposed Thought Technology: "Avoid focussing all your time and effort on marketing content that in turn needs its own heavy investment of marketing energy (marketing-your-marketing) - focus instead on creating the very best core-art (in this case music and lyrics) that you can."
The Deadly Arnold Podcast RSS Feed: http://thedeadlyarnold.libsyn.com/rss
Reach out the show:
- Em: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter Josh L: twitter.com/joshuacliston (@joshuacliston )
- Instagram: instagram.com/joshuacliston
- Facebook: facebook.com/joshuacliston
- Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/user/show/399554…-joshua-c-liston