The Deadly Arnold welcomes Josh Thompson and George Arnold from The Buskers Guide – the boys are travelling the world using primarily busking as their financial engine (oh yeah, they’ve also made a few films and sold a few toasted sandwiches along the way). The boys share some really funny stories, and amazingly (being the awesome blokes that they are) avoid pitching anything in particular – outside of an admiral level of self awareness and their super interesting story thus far. “No Need To Subscribe For The Rest – as Josh T would say.”
More of what Josh, Josh and George talk about:
- Losing ones shoes at the airport due to having too much busking gear
- Josh and George heading off around Australia and then off to S/E Asia with $1,000 between them, and knowing only a handful of cover tunes to fuel their busking repertoire – the guys were learning on the busk.
- The importance of remaining flexible when trying to get good at your art or craft, and how that flexibility feeds breathing room into your creative process.
- Starting a successful bar (illegally mind you) on a roof top in Malaysia. The bar became a place for card games, music, Acro-Yoga, and even some fire twirling.
- Sleeping on the top story of a double-decker bus in the middle of primary school during a fund raising event.
- Sticking to getting better and better at your craft, so the the art can come, and NOT selling BS to good people along the way.
Links mentioned in the Pod.
Talk to Josh.
- Em: email@example.com
- Twitter Josh L: twitter.com/joshuacliston (@joshuacliston )
- Instagram: instagram.com/joshuacliston
- Facebook: facebook.com/joshuacliston
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/39955414-joshua-c-liston
Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes