In this episode of the Deadly Arnold Josh has an extemporaneous and deep conversation with writer, athlete and emerging poet Claybrin McMath.
The guys discuss the following:
- Breaking the chains of self-indentification and the private/public pressure to be what those around you expect you to be.
- Moving into a creative field when you’re most known for excellence in physical/sporting endeavour.
- The trade off between a creative growth path and living out that creative growth in the age of social media.
- Clay’s thoughts on Josh calling social media a “a hair-trigger of judgement.”
Links mentioned in the show:
- OnClaysMind the website
- The Search – Clay’s piece that Josh refers to many times in the Podcast (click to read)
- Sangria Mouth Poem (click to read)
To reach out to the show:
- Em: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/joshuacliston
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/joshuacliston
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/joshuacliston
Thanks so much for listening, means a lot to us.